Second Annual Trash Can Derby
Sponsored by the Captn's Table in Garfield Bay, fishermen are gearing up for this one hundred percent payout derby
Dates: The Trash Can Derby will start June 5 and run through June 7. The derby will continue June 12-14, and also the 19-21.
In addition, an “Aggregate Derby” will run May 1-June 21 (most fish caught in a day/week). The Aggregate Derby will not run by weight but the most heads turned in through the Angler Incentive Program. Days (between May 1-June 21) will be picked at random; the angler with the most fish (heads turned in) on that day will win aggregate prizes.
There will be 10 days chosen for the Aggregate Derby (10 cash prizes). There will also be cash prizes each weekend of the Trash Can Derby the biggest rainbow trout and the biggest mackinaw. A total of 16 cash prizes will be awarded over the duration; all fees collected from ticket sales will be handed out as prizes.
- Kids under 14 are free—prizes for each weigh-in;
- 14-18 year olds (“juniors”) are $10 per week—prizes will be awarded unless they want to participate in the adult category, which will be $20 per week;
- All adult participants are $20 per week;
- “Super Derby Tickets” may be purchased for those planning on participating all three weeks of the Trash Can Derby—raffle tickets (for a Diawa Line Counter Reel) will accompany Super Derby Tickets;
- Hosts: Mary and Larry Thompson (of the Captn’s Table);
- Derby Masters: Roy Stokes and Jim Carothers;
- Weight Masters: Bill and Sue Martin;
- Make sure that all information on AIP form is accurate and legible;
- An awards ceremony/party will be held at the Captn’s Table Saturday, June 27th. Participants do not need to be present to win.
For more information, please call Mary Thompson at the Captn’s Table (208) 265-6351 or (208) 255-7732.